On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 11:21 AM, Jakob Bachhuber <jako...@posteo.de> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Of course, I have read the documentation. I also analysed some other
> plugins, but it is still just random guessing for me.

The relevant part for you is probably here:
https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/Plugin-API#ajax-requests-and-callbacks

> In my php I do:
> $this->register_action('plugin.someaction', array($this, 'actions'));
>
> and
>
> function actions($args)
> {
>        echo '<script type="text/javascript">alert("' . $args .
> '")</script>';
>        echo '<script type="text/javascript">alert("' . $args['value'] .
> '")</script>';
>        $this->rc->ouput->send();
> }

The way to pass data back to the client is not using `echo` but send
it a "command" for which your plugin has already registered an event
listener:

  $rcmail->output->command('plugin.somecallback', $args);

Makes sense?

~Thomas