Hi Amanda,

Le 23/02/2017 à 12:59, Amanda Osvaldo a écrit :
.../...
(Save the environment)

Yes, in the client I can do it.
But how to do in the CLI in text mode?
It's to automate many operations and to expand the work in text mode.

You shall use:

save mySessionFile
load mySessionFile

* Interaction with users

Yes, including I have reported issues in bugzilla.
But I don't know if a user takes more than 2 minutes to be able to report something, I believe he can desist.

The application has no function to guess or read users minds and post a report accordingly.
It has not yet any embedded A.I. to do so.

* % keyword as comment:

The need it's simple.

Simplicity is not necessarily relevance nor justification.

Not always a software can do everything.

O wise words :)

So to improve the job sometimes it needs to switch to a software to other in differents steps of the job.

Think about the differences in modules, hardware consumption, and cost.

In common they always will have the same scripts.

Obviously not. Other language, other scripts.

So better compatibility make this exchange smoother.

For example:
I can convert images to HDF5 with Octave.
Run a personalized module in SciLAB
Make the heavy job in a cluster with MatLAB.
And Finish in SciLAB with the personalized module.

But just, Matlab and Scilab are not compatible. Adding % comments would not make then compatible.
It is not a matter of more or less compatibility.

And no always what macro will run in each software it's clear. So it's necessary that the 3 share the same scripts.

So, you wish to build a kind of computing esperanto.
Could you please give us a pointer to your wish certainly posted on Octave mailing list or bug tracker to support "//" as comment as well? Look at this Octave session:
>> // a comment
parse error:
  syntax error
>>> // a comment
    ^
What a shame! And a potential loose of manpower! Don't you think?
And try with "#" that is another symbol used for comments in other widespread languages.
The same! So bad is the world.

* Colors and arrays with names instead of numbers

Is about to reduce the number of steps and gain productivity. Including for more complex selections.

Using the %nan i need:
1. to write the selection operation
2. make a array copy
3. put %nan in the selection
4. display the array
5. restore the original array

It's 5 steps. :-O
If the selection it's always the same so why do not reduce the visualization to a only single step ?

Repeat this 100 times on the same day it's a nightmare.

And more, the idea to put colors and words can be used to introduce sense in the numbers.
A matrix may have not only one word, but many.

For example: Normal, Caution, Danger, Error.
The colors can have the same meaning.

I don't know If I'm being clear

It was not very clear the first time i read (and reread) it, but now it's ok (likely). In:

--> consoleSetProfile(“my-color-profile”);

--> disp(data)
1. 2. 20.
1. 2. 17.
7. 6. 18.

the most important is consoleSetProfile(“my-color-profile”); where the prerequisite is to have set your specifications (i guess).

Excepted for the colors, you can do this in Scilab by defining your own Disp() that will preprocess your input data before calling disp() or mprintf() to actually display them.

About colors in the console, your skills and time are certainly welcome to process this report:
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/10142

** Pool of formulas*

It's a dilemma.

It I have a good engineering team but they can not or do not know how to make a good SciLAB implementation, I will need another good team for the implementation.

Yah, in life, some things may be modular. In computing sciences too.

And more, when the engineering team finished the work, they need to wait for the implementation team start and finish the implementation.

It without say about the documentation.

Why I need two teams to do the job if I can do all with one team and in less time?

Yes, why do we need two teams to do two jobs of complexities 1 & 1, while we would need one single team twice bigger to do a single job of complexity exp(1+1) in exp(1+1)^2 /(1+1) more time? (i have no pointer to give about this patatheory, but i think it could be relevant to answer to your need.
BTW, it is an open and free one with no copyright, to relieve your budget).

It's a dilemma of how to reduce the financial cost for projects.

Not really. Just think about manpower sinkholes.

And MathML it's a answer. :-D
Could you give more details? I do not see how it could be so. AFAIK, this language does not include any formal interpreter nor formal to numerical converter. Does it?

Samuel