Here's what I remember from the discussions a few months back:
On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 1:32 AM, Jason Harrer <jazzyeagl...@gmail.com>
There are two major concerns with this part of the prototype:
1) This goes against the philosophies that Aaron has talked about
numerous times, all the way back to when I first started on the
project 3-4 years ago. He was strongly against the concept of
applying a cap/limit at all.
The objection was against a *per-project* limit, not a site-wide limit,
which I think everyone agrees is necessary to make people comfortable
with pledging (even if the "pledge amount explosion" scenario is not
2) There is currently no back-end support for a limit of any dollar
We knew this. Plan at the time being:
- Adding a limit function in the backend is a priority
- Until we make an official announcement, we expect pledge numbers to
be low, so we should have plenty of time before we're getting enough
money to actually do a crowdmatch event.
- If for some reason we get to the point of doing a crowdmatch event
before the limit is implemented, we will enforce the limit manually
(just check to make sure nobody's being charged over $5.
Dev mailing list