Jörn Huxhorn, would the API in Git branch LOG4J2-1986 work for you?

On 2017-07-22 22:49, Mikael Ståldal wrote:
Work in progress in Git branch LOG4J2-1986.

On 2017-07-22 22:31, Mikael Ståldal wrote:
Yes, I am putting it in its own Java package.

On 2017-07-22 22:13, Gary Gregory wrote:
Should this API sit in its own package?

On Jul 22, 2017 11:41, "Mikael Ståldal" <mi...@apache.org> wrote:

I'll give it a shot:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1986

On 2017-07-22 20:28, Ralph Goers wrote:

Yes, that is a good idea. Probably XML and YAML as well.

Ralph

On Jul 22, 2017, at 11:21 AM, Mikael Ståldal <mi...@apache.org> wrote:

But here we have a concrete use case: a third-party tool, Lilith, needs to parse log events from our JsonLayout. (Our SocketServer in log4j-server
have the same need, and it uses this class.)

Should we provide a public API in log4j-core for doing so, which Lilith, our SocketServer, and possibly others (Chainsaw maybe?) can use? Maybe such public API should be a facade around this which hides the fact that we use
Jackson.