I didn’t try to run the build from master. I checked out the release tag. The
normal process with the maven release plugin is to update the version to the
release version on master, create a tag, and then update the version to the
next development version.  The release build is then performed by checking out
the tag. I expected to see the log4cxx release version in the pom on the
release tag and it wasn’t there. Once a release tag is created no modifications
can be made so everything needs to be correct. In Log4j I only create a release
branch from the tag if a patch to that release is required. To date, we have
never done that.

As far as deploying the site goes, we deploy to a version such as 0.11.0 and
then change the symlink for the current site to point to the release directory.
As I understand it, that is what you did. However, when I open
https://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/latest_stable/download.html
<https://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/latest_stable/download.html> and the
changelog page in my browser I am still seeing the site for 0.10.0.

Ralph