On Fri, Dec 30, 2022 at 11:43 AM Tobias Frost <t...@debian.org> wrote:
> When doing the same against the branch "next_stable", currently at [2]
> the result is much much worse:
> https://people.debian.org/~tobi/log4cxx/1_to_next/compat_report.html
>
> /me confusedā€¦ (I've read your text as it should be the oppositeā€¦)

The new version should be ABI stable moving forward, but it needs to
be released first.

> If it is only API compatible, but not ABI compable, we'll need a SONAME bump.

I bumped the SONAME a little bit ago; you probably grabbed the code
shortly before I bumped it.  I think I've done it correctly, but it
would be nice to have somebody double-check it.  I arbitrarily bumped
it to version 15, skipping 14.  The version of the SO file should also
now match the version of log4cxx, but that version is not the same as
the SONAME.

-Robert Middleton