I'm not quite sure what problems this solves.  Are you trying to put
the site HTML code and the normal code in the same repository?  Are
they just different branches in the same repository?  What about the
currently existing URLs?  Would it now be logging-log4j2.logging.a.o
instead of logging.a.o/log4j2?  I ask because we would want to make
sure that redirects are added to try and avoid link rot.

-Robert Middleton