We might need better build instructions... for me at least ;-)

I take it the build.cmd file should be removed since it's not mentioned in
https://github.com/apache/logging-log4net/blob/master/doc/BUILDING.md ?

BUILDING.md  contains a section called "TL;DR (!Windows):" which is too easy to
confuse with "TL;DR (Windows):", just say "TL;DR (non-Windows):", there is no
need to be clever here IMO.

When I say "npm i" and then "npm run build", it starts with:

> log4net@2.0.12 prebuild
> run-s clean-build
> log4net@2.0.12 clean-build
> rimraf build
> log4net@2.0.12 build
> zarro @

Why does it say log4net@2.0.12 when I am building 2.0.17?

Then the build errors out with https://paste.apache.org/1ropz

I, off course, don't know what I'm doing with .net... ;-)

Gary