2011/1/4 Li Li <fancye...@gmail.com>:
> I agree with you that we should not tie concurrency w/in a single search to
> index segments.
> That solution is just a hack.
> will lucene 4 support multithreads search for a single query?
> I haven't found any patch about this.

Well, as things stand now, Lucene 4 will only support the "thread per
segment" hack.  The patch on LUCENE-2837 (still needs work) merges
ParallelMultiSearcher into IndexSearcher, carrying over that hack.

But this discussion seems like it could lead to a nice patch?  (If
someone has the time/energy/itch to cons one up).

Just dividing up the docID space equally seems like a simple solution
that'd work well...

Mike