On Mon, Sep 14, 2015, at 11:28 PM, Upayavira wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2015, at 10:41 PM, vetrik kumaran murugesan wrote:
>> Hi Team,
>>

>> I see GPL and MIT license used in SOLR. So apache 2.0 holds good for
>> all underlying licenses?
>>
>> example  :  junit4-ant 2.1.13 has  GPL and MIT .
>>

>> Please let me know if this is the aproriate group who should I send
>> these questions to..
>
> Can you give a specific file in a specific version of Solr? An Apache
> project should not be shipping GPL code. I would be exceptionally
> surprised were this the case. And anyway, the file you refer to is
> Apache Licensed as it comes from the Apache Ant project.
>
> Provide links to the license file you are taking issue with, and
> perhaps we can help you understand it better.

Also, all references I can see to GPL in this directory:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/branches/branch_5x/solr/licenses/

are for dependencies that are dual-licensed. Apache is consuming them on
the basis of the other (non-GPL) license, but reporting both licenses
for the benefit of downstream consumers who may choose to use it on the
basis of the GPL license instead.

Upayavira