This is expected and works as designed. We have enough complexity in
publishing state for other nodes (LIR) and we shouldn't add any more.
Besides what if the leader itself was killed, who changes the state
then?

What problem are you trying to solve?

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 10:19 PM, Erick Erickson
<erickerick...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I kill a replica with -9, the state.json node never gets updated,
> the node shows as "active"
>
> There is code around that checks the live_nodes to see whether the
> state.json node can be believed, and Varun pointed me at Solr JIRAs
> for making sure CLUSTERSTATUS consults live_nodes, indicating that
> this is something that's expected. But it seems trappy.
>
> My question is whether it's worth raising a JIRA. The leader could
> notice a mismatch and update state.json or something like that.
>
> I'll raise a JIRA if it seems like something that should be discussed.
>
> Let me know,
> Erick

Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.