Have we heard anything more from Infrastructure? It seems the thing to
do right now is to get more of a conversation going with them to
understand the issue at hand. Once the release is done, I'd be happy to
try and get that conversation going faster than it is.

Upayavira

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015, at 06:57 PM, Dennis Gove wrote:
> github will reject files larger than 100MB and will warn for files
> larger than 50MB
> (https://help.github.com/articles/working-with-large-files/). They
> have recently released Git Large File Storage to alleviate issues
> caused by these restrictions
> (https://github.com/blog/1986-announcing-git-large-file-storage-lfs)
> but there is a cost associated with using such a thing so I would
> imagine that path is a no-go. The limit is on a per-file basis and in
> other projects I've gotten around it by using split to split large
> files before adding to a github repo and then using cat to combine the
> pieces back before using the file. I'm not sure how feasible of a
> solution that would be for us but perhaps we could add hooks to do the
> split-ting and cat-ing automatically for users.
>
> I'm in favor of a full switch to git (and github).
>
> Doing would require changes to the ant build scripts as at least one
> command (package and related package commands) requires an svn
> checkout to add some information to the created package. We'd have to
> change that logic to instead look at git metadata.
>
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 2:48 AM, Dawid Weiss
> <dawid.we...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I tried it once (for storing large text files -- Polish dictionaries,

uncompressed -- on github), but it simply didn't work. More headaches

than benefits (to me).

Dawid

On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 10:04 PM, Doug Turnbull