If you're using github then yes, you will need to fork again and
rebase any changes you may have. This can be done by having two
origins locally (two "sources" of commits) -- one from the old clone,
the second one from the new clone. Then you can rebase the branches or
commits you wish and push them to the new clone.

Dawid