> It is a bit stupid that the last commit in SVN was just reverted and not made
> completely hidden. I would have synced up the converted repo only up to the
> revision before the final *delete all* commit instead of reverting it.

I did this intentionally. This way SVN history and git history don't
have any gaps -- they're a seamless transition from one to the other.

The two commits... well, yes - true, they could be avoided. The
repository can stay as it is, no need to rewrite anything. You could
just change the position of references (branch_5x and master) and
branch them off before the wipeout commit, then force-push them. At
this point this would mean people's local master/branch_5x branches
would be diverged from history, so they'd have to update.

I don't think it's worth the hassle, to be honest.

Dawid