On 2/16/2016 11:58 AM, Chris Hostetter wrote:
> ...to something closer to what we had with svn...
>
> Subject: [01/21] lucene-solr:
> refs/heads/jira/lucene-5438-nrt-replication git commit: LUCENE-6835:
> add test case confirming listAll is sorted; fix dir impls that weren't

+1, with a more detailed suggestion:

Perhaps the script could only include the last N elements of the name,
so we get lucene-5438-nrt-replication or
jira/lucene-5438-nrt-replication instead of the full branch name.  Or
maybe a regex could be used to target refs\/.*?\/ (or something more
complex) for removal -- for some of the existing branch names, having
the last three path elements would be good, but for others, one or two
would be better.

There is normally a fairly limited amount of space for the subject in
the list view of an email client, so it seems like a good idea to keep
it short but relevant.

Thanks,
Shawn