(And of course we're going to pretend that the
PointValues/DimensionalPoints/DimensionalValues/Numeric/PointField
backcompat issue doesn't exist -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8396. Sigh. But... nothing that
holds up 6.0 per se. It just would have been better to get that tangle
straightened out before a release that deprecates the existing numeric
field types that Solr currently has no replacement for, let alone a
backcompat story for new Solr indexes that will be be created with 6.0 but
with a type that won't exist in 7.0, at least with the current plan.)

-- Jack Krupansky