On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 10:09 AM, Kevin Risden <compuwizard...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I don't understand why it shouldn't have an "On this Page" tree, though?
>

> Well I guess the page can have it, but the formatting is going to have to be
> reviewed. Maybe multiple columns or something. It takes up a lot of space
> when the first thing I've been going to is API Entry Points since that is
> basically the same as "On this Page".

OK, I hear what you're saying, and I agree. Hoss & I have talked a bit
about how to handle some of this.

Right now we have enabled a feature that adds a TOC to every page with
2 or more headings. But that can be overridden on a page-by-page
basis, and we can instead implement an alternative on individual pages
that would give a bit more control over how many heading levels to put
in the TOC, where to put it, etc. So, I think we'll want to explore
that in this type of case.