Bulk comment delete is not a native Confluence feature, so that
functionality is coming from a plugin. Click the "i" button on the
license error screen, and you go to a 3rd party vendor website.

The error means the license for the plugin (it's $$ for commercial
users) has expired. You'll need to talk to INFRA to see if it can be
renewed. Usually open source projects get free plugin licenses, but
that's up to the vendor. It might be a quick process to renew it, or
something more complicated.

However, I'm doubtful of the overall value of systematically cleaning
up "off-topic" comments as a project in itself. While they are noise,
they aren't getting migrated to the new system. Your time is your
prerogative, as always, and I definitely appreciate in general your
attention to the Ref Guide and your help resolving these comments. My
point is only your help would also be welcome with getting us off
Confluence.