Sorry for wrong version of code :( below is the correct code

FacetsCollector facetCollector = new FacetsCollector();
TopDocs topDocs = null;
TotalHitCountCollector totalHitCountCollector = null;
if (limit == 0) {
        totalHitCountCollector = new TotalHitCountCollector();
        indexSearcher.search(query, MultiCollector.wrap(totalHitCountCollector,
facetCollector));
        topDocs = new TopDocs(totalHitCountCollector.getTotalHits(), new
ScoreDoc[0], Float.NaN);
} else
        topDocs = FacetsCollector.search(st.searcher, filterQuery, first +
limit,
facetCollector);

Yes initially I was searching for search method same as in DrillSideways
which takes query and collector but could not find one also I saw that it is
not possible to use FacetCollector search API since there is no provision of
having TotalHitCountCollector and because of which I wrote above code but
end result is not as per expected.