I see that the ref-guide build was also failing. When I made the first fix
to ref-guide build I didn't see any errors for a while figured that build
was now working. But then a new set of errors were generated. I didn't
realize that the ref-guide fails in stages.

I think in general I'm finding all the strictness in the refguide hard
figure out. Things like internal linking have taken a long time to get
right even though they work fine when viewed on github, the build often
still fails due to the links

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/