As I wrote on the thread “[DISCUSS] Request for review of proposed LUCENE/SOLR
JIRA workflow changes”
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/4a240fb5fe4b0d2c851eba329e0b17d10e686913923f2d1579fc3dd2@%3Cdev.lucene.apache.org%3E
 :

> 4. The “Start Progress”/“Stop Progress”/“In Progress” aspects of the workflow
> have been removed, because if they remain, JIRA creates a “Workflow” menu and
> puts the “Attach Patch” button under it, which kind of defeats its purpose:
> an obvious way to submit contributions. I asked Gavin to remove the
> “Progress” related aspects of the workflow because I don’t think they’re
> being used except on a limited ad-hoc basis, not part of a conventional
> workflow.

So when this happened, those issues in “In Progress” status were apparently not
transitioned properly.  I’ll go ask about it on hipchat.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com