Ok thanks for answering.

> - I think Solr needs a couple more weeks since the work Dat is doing
isn't quite done yet.

We can wait a few more weeks to create the branch but I don't think that
one action (creating the branch) prevents the other (the work Dat is doing).
HTTP/2 is one of the blocker for the release but it can be done in master
and backported to the appropriate branch as any other feature ? We just
need an issue with the blocker label to ensure that
we don't miss it ;). Creating the branch early would also help in case you
don't want to release all the work at once in 8.0.0.
Next week was just a proposal, what I meant was soon because we target a
release in a few months.