On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 7:04 PM, Michael McCandless
<luc...@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Bernd Fehling
> <bernd.fehl...@uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
>
>> Will the fix/patch for issue SOLR-2726 included in SOLR 3.4.0?
>
> Sorry, no.
>
> This isn't a release blocker issue.
>
> But, separately, I think we should fix it, but on quick glance it
> doesn't look like there's consensus on how to fix it?

I had this same bug when implementing a spellchecker too.
Its something the spellcheck framework expects, but doesn't provide.

I think its broken that SolrSpellChecker has both field name and analyzer,
but only sets up field name in its init()... if SolrSpellChecker is
going to own the 'analyzer' variable then
I think its init() should take care of the logic, currently its either
duplicated across spellchecker implementations,
or its missing entirely, causing bugs like SOLR-2726.

--
lucidimagination.com