From: David Smiley <david.w.smi...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 4, 2020 12:55 AM
To: Solr/Lucene Dev <dev@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: Docs on our build infrastructure

Why do we have CI builds at not just the ASF but also Uwe's machine and also
Steve Rowe's?  I'm not sure more is better.  Can someone knowledgeable about
our build situation consider writing a bit of developer documentation on what
is where and why?  I recently wanted to share this info but didn't find it...
and I know very little of it.  We've got this old cwiki page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENE/NightlyBuilds  and also
Hossman's page is nice: http://fucit.org/solr-jenkins-reports/

BTW I was chatting with the "Klera" team about their tools and they are
interested in exploring if their tools can help us put out the build failure
fires -- e.g. email alerts to pertinent individuals as one example.  I'm
following up with them.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley