I spun up the proposed app for the first time today, clicked around and browsed
the code.
It appears to me that the app is far less developed than I thought, which
agrees well with only 12 commits.
The collections component only knows how to list collections, the «create
collection» button is dead etc.
It will be a HUGE effort to bring this to feature parity with current AdminUI.
I cannot find any substantial tests other than scaffold tests verifying that ng
components are created ok. Could be because there is not that much
functionality to really test yet?

Which makes me question again the perhaps premature decision on using this repo
as a basis.

So I did a quick test with the VueJS based YASA app
(https://github.com/kezhenxu94/yasa) and got up and running in a few minutes,
with a much more feature complete UI.
It is also a complete drop-in replacement for the old UI, once compiled.
Downside is that it is older and needs upgrade and to play well with CPF.
So let’s step back for a while and not make hasty choices too early. I worked
with VueJS in a project and really like it. Vue is the 2nd coolest kid on the
block after React
according to https://2019.stateofjs.com/front-end-frameworks/ and Wikipedia
just chose it over React for their UI makeover.

Anyway, if you want to test YASA locally, here is a 3 minutes recipe for doing
so:

   https://gist.github.com/janhoy/0f7cddc0d92f9e53db7522fe93ff7003

To me, this looks like a much better starting point, and the project has 2x the
contributors, 3x the commits and a MIT license :-)

Another reason to spend more time in SIP mode, iterating on what is best for
the project, what alternatives were considered and why certain frameworks were
selected/rejected etc etc, before spending much more time coding.

Jan