+1

Why don’t we make a Roadmap wiki page as Cassandra suggests, and indicate what
major things needs to happen when.
Perhaps if we can get the Solr TLP and git-split ball rolling as a pre-9.0
task, then perhaps 8.8 could be the last joint release (6.6, 7.7, 8.8 hehe)?
That would enable Lucene to ship 9.0 without waiting for a ton of alpha-quality
Solr features, and Solr could have its own Roadmap wiki.

Jan