bq. IMO if a temporary instability is to be introduced deliberately, it should
be published on the list

Actually, I disagree. Having anything in the tests that fail 100% of the time
is just unacceptable since it becomes a barrier for everyone else. AFAIK, if
the problem can be identified to a particular push, I have no problems with
that push being unilaterally rolled back.

The exception for me is when the problem is addressed immediately, I’ve
certainly been the source of that kind of problem, as have others.

What I take great exception to is the fact that some of these tests have been
failing 100% of the time for the last seven days! If it’s the case that the
full test suite was never run before the push that’s another discussion. Yeah,
it takes a long time but…

Erick