On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 9:11 AM Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I just tested this on my personal tiny Java project and it is
> (committer) +1 from me. Did not test it as part of a PR process,
> though would be super excited if I could retroactively graft it on my
> current one somehow: https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/1863

I have a script or two that helps with this sort of test, it's a bit manual
so I ran and am awaiting results:
https://staging.muse.dev/result/TomMD/lucene-solr/01EJYJ8VRS8K52P95RKFBQAE1Y?tab=logs

> Hopefully, I will end up on a Solr team, there was no
> way to indicate that (Tom!).

Victoria (CCed) can make this a fact, not a hope!  There are only so many
options we wanted to present to people in the signup.  Anything can be
changed, we'll be here the whole time.

> I would be super-curious to see how well it would be able to support
> Solr's gradle build with all the dark magic we seem to have in it.

Perhaps I should keep it a secret and ratchet up the suspense, but I'm not
much of a showman.

The Infer and FSB tools ran on Solr seemingly fine (
https://console.muse.dev/result/TomMD/lucene-solr/01EG97PRSVXT35Z1E9T3SKA9V2?search=solr&tab=results)
but with the noise level you expect on a large project with subtle
invariants.  The error prone results are lacking so I'll investigate.

> P.p.s. Medium term, I would love to write a custom check that
> complains about missing @since Javadoc tags for anything that is
> pluggable/module like, including Analyzers, UpdateRequestProcessors,
> Stream Components, etc. Knowing when each individual module is
> introduced is super useful for those on older versions and my previous
> attempts at fixing this required standalone code that even I cannot
> get to run again easily now.

I know we tweeted about this, but to bring that conversation to the ML: The
fastest way to write such a check is probably with an Error Prone plugin.
There isn't any support yet for ErrorProne plugins inside of Muse, but this
has been on our minds for a while.  If someone beats me ot making an error
prone pass then I'll gladly make a way to run it.