> David:
> * The news announcement that Solr has "graduated" to a separate TLP seems off
> to me in use of this word.  To me, that word suggests it was too small or
> immature to warrant it previously.

I think you are right. I'll find a better wording. I've replaced graduated -->
moved for now.
https://github.com/apache/lucene-site/commit/cf893ddca1c04e336966d789d7f0cb72c1531294
 Feel free to suggest better wording.

> * IMO with Solr gone, the Lucene-core content should not be just some
> sub-page but should move into the front page.  The front page would then have
> the tabs that Lucene-core has.  PyLucene could be another tab.

Perhaps. But let's make that another JIRA that Lucene can do later. For the
Solr move I like to just surgically remove Solr and leave it with that.

> * I like the note that shows up immediately to alert the user of the switch!
> I see that it doesn't re-appear on every return (e.g. due to a cookie)?  I
> imagine we will stop doing this in a year or maybe sooner.

Yep, it's a cookie. Good idea to only show the popup the first year. I have now
put that in -
https://github.com/apache/lucene-site/commit/a694482032bc300440905936c8fccf9a37b39aea

> Mike:
>  I noticed that the Ref Guide is missing from the new site. Is this something
> that we will have to figure out how to restore after the site goes live?

It is a slightly bigger task, so I extracted it in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-15177.

Jan