One of us will get there first and should share.  For my part, I intend to
add a new remote, pull the branches from it, then use "git worktree" to add
a new local work tree alongside my existing ones (for lucene_solr master,
lucene_solr branch_8x).  I call my current remote "apache" but I might
first rename it to "apache_pre9". I am not yet sure if I will use another
worktree for the new Lucene repo or if I'll do a new clone.

I think there's a case to be made for the Lucene repo to rewrite history to
remove Solr.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley