Your issue has not been ignored but the problem is that the version of the
blocker has not been added so it doesn't appear in a search for blockers in
Lucene 9 :(

Do we need to discuss this again? I thought we discussed and agreed on
increasing our backwards compatibility. My personal opinion is that it is a
natural step for mature software that it is increasingly used in production
environments.

Regarding your concerns in the subject, there is a healthy discussion in
the issue and there are sound proposals to ease the pain and they can be
implemented any time, do you think it is still a blocker?