On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 4:04 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_luc...@fucit.org> wrote:

> :
> http://people.apache.org/~simonw/staging_area/lucene-solr-3.5.0-RC2-rev1204988/
>
> +0
>
> Two things jumped out at me as being bad, but i'm not certain if either
> warrant a re-spin...
>
> 1) in the src builds, attempts at building javadocs result in an ant
> failure because of a warning that it couldn't get the java1.5 package list
> from the oracle.com URL.  I thought we'd switched this to using a local
> copy, but i guess i'm remembering wrong -- either way i'm not sure why the
> 3x jenkins build isn't failing non-stop (unless this is a really recent
> change on oracles site).  NOTE: the javadocs do build (w/o links for
> java.* classes) but the ant task fails because of the warning.

Thats oracle's problem (not ours).

The reason it doesn't fail in hudson is that I downloaded the javadocs
to hudson so that when oracles servers flake out, it doesn't spam our
list. But if users want to use this method too, good for them, they
can use -Djavadoc.link. But we cannot enforce this: they might not be
using an oracle jvm, nor can we ship with the javadocs from oracle (as
the license.html that comes in the docs package does not look
compatible with apache to me)

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/nightly/hudson-settings.sh

# locations of javadocs used by the build
JAVADOC_HOME_15=/usr/local/share/doc/jdk1.5/api
JAVADOC_HOME_16=/usr/local/share/doc/jdk1.6/api

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/nightly/hudson-lusolr-tests-3.x.sh

  # verify lucene core javadocs have no warnings w/ Java 1.5
  cd $WORKSPACE/$CORE_DIR
  JAVA_HOME=$JAVA_HOME_15 $ANT_HOME/bin/ant \
    -Djavadoc.link=$JAVADOC_HOME_15 \
    javadocs-all javadocs-test-framework

> 2) if you build lucene or solr from source, the version in the artifact
> names are "3.5-SNAPSHOT" ... last time i checked, a release named "3.5"
> would have it's build.xml such that building from source w/o explicitly
> setting the version props would result in "3.6-SNAPSHOT" (or
> "3.5.1-SNAPSHOT") so it looks like perhaps we forgot to update the version
> on the branch before the release? ... either that or maybe there was a
> discussion about deliberately changing this that i just didn't notice?

3.5-SNAPSHOT is correct, at least this is the way it has been for
every previous 3.x release... (well previously it was -dev)
This way its clear that the user is creating an unofficial 3.x build

--
lucidimagination.com