On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_luc...@fucit.org> wrote:

> just brought this up on #lucene-dev .. the SOlr 3.6.0 javadocs are gone from
> the site, and all javadoc URLs were broken as a result

they aren't broken: i fixed all these api/ links across the website.
where is a broken link?

> past discussion when we switched to the cms and then released 3.6 was that
> we would start versioning the solr javadocs just like the lucene-core

-1 to the Release Manager doing refactoring on the website. RM does
releasing. If people want to refactor things from unversioned to
versioned, do that separately please. RM already has enough to do.

> javadocs, and have both the latest 3.6.X and 4.X versions on the site at
> distinct urls -- the goal being that
> "http://lucene.staging.apache.org/solr/api"; could always redirect to the
> latest.

I don't like that: lucene doesnt need this. why does solr?

--
lucidimagination.com