On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well perhaps there is a middle ground - 'quasi-precommit' that just checks
> fast stuff per moduleā€¦ (eg doesn't build all the javadocs)

Right, is seems like a good number off the checks (no tabs, nocommits,
author tags, ecj is happy) can be done only on the current module ...

> Precommit is scary slow and if it's so slow no one will use it, it's almost
> not so helpful.

Especially when the original change is trivial (all I did was rename a
boolean param, and add some javadocs about it, here).

Hmm I wonder if we could parallelize it ...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com