On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are not talking about weakening them on Jenkins though. It won't wait
> till release time, it will be caught 10 min later by Jenkins.

Right but that then doesnt really improve the situation (its less than 10
minutes to check locally),
because if someone does "commit-and-run" we are still left with a broke
build.

I'm not concerned about this stuff tripping at all if people are looking
out and fixing stuff.

I do have some concerns about not running the javadocs checks, because part
of the point is "check everything we can automatically" since it makes
someone go and look at the file and perhaps then they also see some text is
out of date too (not just syntax). I'm not trying to say the system is
perfect or even works, only time will tell. But I do feel like it helps
keep the documentation from falling out of date, especially when the stuff
is fresh in the committers mind.