> Guys, stop this endless and pointless thread. You're both right.
or don't, if you think it helps keeping Lucene ecosystem healthy at the level
we are used to :)
From another perspective, strong emotions are only a signal to everybody that
someone cares, and that's  good!

one side comment from the user perspective.
/trunk  in Lucene world  is not really unstable, newer was.
We are happily running trunk in production for many years now. We simply decide
ourselves which commit needs more baking and do our own tests.

In any case, we users thank you for, imo, one of the best open source projects.