On Sep 12, 2013, at 11:45 AM, Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess its ok that we disagree: fortunately you cannot veto releases,
> so its up to the individual release manager.
>
> I can throw up a RC right now and if 2 other people think its ok, its
> out the door.
>
> If i start to see the release process dragging ass for weeks and
> taking forever I might do such a thing. its just a few unix comands
> and an email.

Your right - it only takes 3 PMC members to get a no warning release out the
door.

However, fighting with the rules is fairly anti productive.

Yes, a group could start doing random releases with no warning.

Another group could start doing releases a week or two after those - taking
their time to wrap some things up first.

Another guy could say, I'm going to start doing a release the last day of every
month, and then you will always be able to plan and we can work together.

Yes, if we can't get consensus, we can fall back to nuclear rule fallout.

It seems more productive to simply give a weeks notice.

If you are frustrated that a release has taken a long time and you want to put
up an RC? More power to you. That's not a random, no warning release. I'd just
as likely vote for it.

- Mark