Hey Shad,

Sorry for not responding sooner. The last few weeks have been pretty crazy
for me (vacation and now a production release at work) so I haven't had a
chance to look into it further. I am hoping that within the next week or so
things will calm down so that I can take another look.

As a side question, related to something I am working on at work, do you
know if there is a reason why classes like IndexSearcher, IndexWriter, and
IndexReader don't implement interfaces? I was trying to build a wrapper
around some of these classes that log queries and performance details but
had to resort to some pretty hacky code since there are no interfaces for
these classes.