Von: Trevor Grant [mailto:trevor.d.gr...@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 6:27 PM
An: dev@mahout.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Proposal Submission - GSoC 2017

This looks really good.

It's also ambitious (which can be good).  Want to make sure you think you
can achieve what you set out to.

I would also say tests on the naive DBSCAN should come before Implementing
the R-Tree approach.

You said seperate 'module" this may just be semantics, but I would think
these things would live in
org.apache.mahout.math.algorithms.classifiers.dbscan
(i.e. not a separate module like org.apache.mahout.dbscan).

Would love to hear any other though, esp if anyone is more familiar with
this algo.

tg

Trevor Grant
Data Scientist
https://github.com/rawkintrevo
http://stackexchange.com/users/3002022/rawkintrevo
http://trevorgrant.org

*"Fortunate is he, who is able to know the causes of things."  -Virgil*

On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 6:07 PM, Aditya <adityasarma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I've completed making my proposal and have submitted it successfully in the
> Google Summer of Code webpage.
>
> It would be great if some of you could go through it and provide feedback.
> Also, is there a specific template that should be followed for applying to
> ASF?
>
> This
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YSHxDk7H_
> ybYxDEEy9fUUCfpI3KEFVCCH2l1gmKra2Q/edit?usp=sharing>
> is
> the link to my proposal.
>

> Thanks,
> Aditya