I will need to know more.  Do you have the tika extractor in your
pipeline?  If so, what version of ManifoldCF are you using?  Tika has had
bugs related to memory consumption in the past; the out of memory exception
may be coming from it and therefore a stack trace is critical to have.

Alternatively, you can upgrade to the latest version of MCF (2.13) and that
has a newer version of Tika without those problem.  But you may need to get
the agents process more memory.

Another possible cause is that you're using hsqldb in production.  HSQLDB
keeps all of its tables in memory.  If you have a large crawl, you do not
want to use HSQLDB.

Thanks,
Karl