Hi,

at the Flex project there are some parts being built with Maven. Now we would
like to release some of them and currently there is a bit of a discussion about
how to do this. Currently most people are insisting on a rather manual process
they have been using for releasing the Ant built stuff.

Now I think maven could make life a lot easier for us, but I don't quite know
how to comply to the Apache release rules. I think simply releasing the
auto-generated source jars isn't what Apache understands as Source release.

I guess you on this list have a lot of experience with releasing Maven built
Apache projects. Would be glad for some pointers. Searching the Maven
Confluence page doesn't guide me to release documentations dealing with the
requirements of the ASF and even mentioning "apache maven and release" swamps
me with maven-release-plugin documentation ;-)

Would be grateful for some links or clarification.

Chris