Von: Richard Eckart de Castilho <r...@apache.org>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 11. November 2014 10:33
An: Maven Developers List
Betreff: Re: Is there any documentation of the process of releasing an Apache
project built with maven?

Hi Chris,

there is a quite detailed explanation of what Apache understands as a release:

  http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html

Uploading the source JARs to Maven Central is afaik not enough.
What UIMA does is, we set up the build so that as part of the Maven build,
a ZIP of the checked out sources is done starting from the root of the checkout.
It's actually pretty straight. I believe this ZIP is augmented with some
license files etc. As part of the release this source ZIP and a corresponding
ZIP containing a compiled distribution are uploaded to the Apache mirror system.

If you would like to take Apache UIMA as a role model, check out our release
guidelines:

  http://uima.apache.org/release.html

And of course our Maven-based build setup which helps us in doing the releases
is in the Apache SVN.

Cheers,

-- Richard