Hi,

On 7/24/15 9:35 AM, Jörg Schaible wrote:
Hi Karl Heinz,

Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:

Hi,

================= %< =====================
$ MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx4096m mvn validate

Why are you setting to 4 GiB ?

but for Maven 3.0.5 you only setting to 1.5 GiB ?

Because with M305 I *can* build the project with "just" 1.5 GB, but M33x
fails with 3GB to calculate even the project order (well, I kill the process
after several minutes of eating a lot of CPU cycles and the complete memory
I've spent).

With 4GB I can at least run "mvn validate" using M335 (at least when I close
Eclipse first) although it will take 3 times longer to finish the task (see
reported times in this thread) and *a lot* more memory.

Are you running within Eclipse ?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise