I might be doing smth wrong but I tested on windows 10 with Maven 3.3.9 and
I didn't see any color.  Here's what I did:

1) git clone g...@github.com:apache/maven-shared.git
2) cd maven-share/ && mvn clean install
3) git clone g...@github.com:apache/maven-integration-testing.git
4) cd maven-integration-testing && mvn clean install

I also tried to build only that particular module too:
5) cd maven-integration-testing\core-it-support\maven-it-helper\ && mvn
clean install

The result is

 T E S T S
Running org.apache.maven.it.MavenIntegrationTestCaseTest
Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.425 sec -
in org.apache.maven.it.MavenIntegrationTestCaseTest

Results :

[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-jar-plugin:2.5:jar (default-jar) @ maven-it-helper ---
[INFO] Building jar:
C:\workspace\maven-integration-testing\core-it-support\maven-it-helper\target\maven-it-helper-2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

and no color.