On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 21:29:36 +0200, Tibor Digana <tibordig...@apache.org> wrote:

Hi Robert,

Hm, sep.of.concern, this discussion does not have the end. We should
start another more concrete.
Let's list all first-level items of consumer POM I would need to have
in my case and we will see where we go:
parent, name, description, url, scm, issueManagement, dependencies,
depMgt, distributionManagement/relocation+repository.

Hi Tibor,

Based on these fields you're talking not talking about the consumer-pom/dom, but the flattened pom / reduced-deployment pom. And even in that case there are some fields which I doubt are interesting. I've had a lot of discussions about the flatten-maven-plugin what it must do and how it should work. It gave me a lot of extra insight about the pom, experience required to have a proper implementation of the reduced-deployment pom.
Goal: minimize the content of the 4.0.0 pom to reduce memory usage.

The consumer pom is a completely different beast.
Goal: efficient dependency resolution.

hopefully this makes it more clear,
Robert

Then how you want to cope with problem where a contributor want's to
introduce a new scope, e.g. only-compile or something else?

Cheers
Tibor