How about no escape character? This also implies that escaping is off by default.

Robert

On Tue, 29 Nov 2016 06:02:32 +0100, Christian Schulte <c...@schulte.it> wrote:

Am 11/27/16 um 22:04 schrieb Robert Scholte:
Hi,

it all depends if the introduced escape character is really a good default
and/or if we should have 2 parameters regarding escaping.
I prefer having only 1 parameter and I think that the chosen escape
character is not default enough to mark it as _the_ default.

just my 2 cents
Robert

What character do you have in mind? I though about using some unicode
character known to not conflict with any escaping mechanism. Like:

U+241B SYMBOL FOR ESCAPE
U+2410 SYMBOL FOR DATALINK ESCAPE

But that cannot be used with resources not using a unicode capable
encoding. This maybe needs more thinking in general. Maybe "force" the
resources to be unicode in the 'src/' folders and provide a way to
specify a different output encoding, for example. Just reverting to the
default prior 3.0.0 would make the most sense for now, IMHO.