Am 12/15/16 um 00:19 schrieb Christian Schulte:
>  -ldm,--legacy-dependency-management
> Use Maven 2 dependency management behaviour. Can also be activated by
> using -Dmaven.legacyDependencyManagement=true.
>
> There are a bunch of issues in JIRA affecting dependency management.
> That option could be used to provide a way for users to be able to
> switch to the Maven 2 management behaviour. Maybe with this option in
> place it would make sense to log warnings whenever this option is used
> providing guidance for changing POMs.

We could also release Maven 3.4.0 as Maven 4.0.0 to make things clear
and change the dependency management to whatever behaviour seems to be
the most useful. What we now have on master is just consistent to what
has been documented. The non-transitive scopes start to work correctly.
That means you need to make all transitive dependencies with those
scopes direct dependencies. For 'provided' and 'optional', it makes
sense. If it makes sense for the 'test' scope is questionable. I do not
know the reason for the 'test' scope to be non-transitive. Can someone
clarify that?

Christian