Le vendredi 23 décembre 2016, 03:59:17 CET Christian Schulte a écrit :
> Am 12/22/16 um 19:14 schrieb Robert Scholte:
> > -0.9 for the commandline option, there should be only one truth.
>
> +1
>
> > Dependency management is way too important, you should not have an option
> > to choose. Better to agree that we are indeed fixing a bug or that we
> > should maintain the current behavior. And that'll take time. I will have a
> > look at all the related issues which could be controlled by this flag and
> > find a way to get feedback from more people.
>
> -1 for maintaining the current behavior. Issues will get reported over
> and over again.
you keep saying that but don't give any other example than MPLUGIN-296 = a
failure caused by your purist fix in MRESOLVER-8
and you talked about findbugs-maven-plugin, but did not give any pointer

once again, can you give examples of something that MRESOLVER-8 fixes, apart
from the logic of exact resolution?

I respect logic, since I can imagine that in addition to the case that worked
magically, there can be cases that fail magically = not something I want
forever.
You found a few cases working magically = in fact one recipe based on it, that
is still in our documentation [1] as "<!-- annotations are needed only to
build the plugin -->").
If we didn't find cases failing magically, pressure to change is not the same.

And of course, this wrong explanation in our doc should be fixed and explained:
I'll work on that (because, remember, I already told I'm supportive of
improvements): I opened MPLUGIN-321 [2], please review and improve
explanations if necessary = this is the start of something that will also
appear in release notes for the version of Maven that will contaning the
updated plugin resolution algorithm (we'll see later if it's Maven 3.4.0 or
not)

Regards,

Hervé

[1]