I think it would be easier if we just update the JIRA issues and set the
version the issue will be shipped in. We already have a 3.5.0 version
available. That will be the next Maven release? So we would need a 3.6.0
version and a 4.0.0 version and a 5.0.0 version. Let 4.0.0 be the next
major version in which all model version 4.0.0 features will be shipped.
Let version 5.0.0 be the next major version shipping model version
5.0.0. Let's also create corresponding branches in the repositories so
that exisiting commits can already be applied to theire final
destination ready to be merged into master sometime in the future.