This is the list of JIRA issues that targets colourised logging / are
related to it:

MNG-3507        ANSI color logging for improved output visibility       This is
the
root JIRA issue.
MNG-3705        Expression: ${executedProject} doesn't work in reports  SVN
revisions d4d7f4763f34e2c23e590ce02551943a1cad84e5 and
c6fb60b5482a12e3f94b74cd050ba46eddaa2423 are about it and actually
target MNG-3507.
MNG-6037        add gossip slf4j provider support       Note that the
colorization
feature was removed from Gossip.
MNG-6038
        use Gossip slf4j provider as default logging, since it supports level
colorization    WONTFIX
MNG-6041        Option -l does not disable colorized output     Those are
in-version fixes, to be squashed with MNG-3507.
MNG-6043        Colorization is disabled too late in batch mode
MNG-6046        upgrade JAnsi from 1.12 to 1.13
MNG-6093
        create a slf4j-simple provider extension that supports level color
rendering       This supercedes MNG-6038 and adds colorization to the Slf4j
Provider.
MNG-6115
        Add Jansi native library search path to our start scripts       This
adds a
system property to the launcher scripts. Should be safe to add alone
without impacts.

Please add if I forgot some. I hope it'll make deciding whether the
colorization feature, or parts of it, are added to 3.5.0 or later easier.

My personal take is that all of this could be integrated in 3.5.0 as it
does not affect current 3.3.9 build behaviour (that I encountered, at
least) and has a fair number of votes on JIRA. The con of course is that
it represents a complex addition.

Guillaume

---
antivirus Avast.